Information Regarding Business And Tourist Chinese Visa From US Passports
China is Asia’s largest country. There was a time when China did not like too many visitors to its country. But with the passage of time things have changed and today China is visited by travelers from almost all parts of the globe. Information Regarding Business And Tourist Chinese Visa From US Passports is more accessible than ever.
The most interesting thing is that along with leisure travelers and tourists. China is also frequented by business travelers now as the country has opened its doors for foreign trade and collaboration. Whatever be your purpose of visit to the country, it is mandatory that you have valid China visa for the same.
Valid US passport
The visa should be stamped on a valid US passport. China is Asia’s largest country. There was a time when China did not like too many visitors to its country. But with the passage of time things have changed and today China is visited by travelers from almost all parts of the globe.
The most interesting thing is that along with leisure travelers and tourists, China is also frequented by business travelers now as the country has opened its doors for foreign trade and collaboration. Whatever be your purpose of visit to the country, it is mandatory that you have valid China visa for the same. The visa should be stamped on a valid US passport.
Applying for China tourist visa – guidelines for the same
While one is planning to visit China for travel and tourism purpose, one must have a valid tourist visa for China on a valid US passport. However, there are exceptions for Macau, Hong Kong and Taiwan. American citizens are allowed to stay in Taiwan and Hong Kong for 90 days and in Macau for a month (30 days) without a visa. The tourist visa is known as the ‘L’ visa and you will need this for entering mainland China.
Mentioned below are the steps for getting your Chinese travel and tourist visa
Preparations for obtaining travel and tourist visa
There are many things that need to be taken into consideration in this regard. Some important ones are as follows:
1. The validity of the US passport – To obtain the tourist visa for visiting China, the US passport needs to have the validity of more than 6 months. In case the date of expiry is before that, it is recommended to get the passport renewed and then apply for the visa to avoid chances of the visa application getting rejected. There should be blank pages in the passport too along with copy of the data page of the passport.
2. Completion of visa application form – Form V.2013 is the visa application form, which can be easily downloaded from the website of the Chinese embassy. Fill out the form completely carefully so that there are no errors whatsoever. Provide a current photograph in the application form as per the standard requirements.
3. A multiple-entry visa is always a good option – If plans are leaving China and coming back again to the mainland during the trip, getting a multi-entry visa is the best option. This will also be helpful if you are planning to visit Macau and Hong Kong during the trip.
4. Itinerary for depicting accommodation and flight details in China – Some kind of documentation needs to be furnished for showing hotel reservations and flight arrangements in China. If staying with a friend or an acquaintance, the invitation letter containing the name, gender, date of birth and other details of the US citizen has to be provided.
Submission of the visa application form
1. Locating the Chinese embassy’s visa office – Visiting the website of the Chinese embassy will provide this information. There are 6 locations from where visa to China can be obtained for US citizens.
2. Submission of the visa application – No appointment is needed for submitting the visa application form and it can be submitted during regular office hours. A receipt with pickup date mentioned on it will be given. The visa has to be picked up in person as no mail service is available for the same. It takes 4 days for regular service. Expedite services are also offered at higher charges.
3. Payment of the visa application fee – For a single entry, cost of a tourist visa is about $140. The payment has to be made while the visa is being picked up from the office. Payments can be made via different modes including Mastercard or Visa, cashier’s check, company check and money order. Personal checks, cash and online payment options are not available.
Chinese visa from the USA for business travelers
People who intend to go to China from the USA for business purpose surely need a business visa, which is the ‘M’ visa. Getting this visa is not very difficult, true. But what is difficult is getting all the necessary documents in place for approval of the visa. Before making the visa application, gather complete information about business visa to China from USA and prepare accordingly. With the M visa in place, US citizens can stay in China for up to 60 days at a time, with multiple entry visas.
There is also eligibility for a 10-year visa if the passport has 12-month validity or more at the time of visa application. Information Regarding Business And Tourist Chinese Visa From US Passports holder can get a 10-year visa. Many decisions are taken by the Chinese Consular for the span of stay permitted, visa validity period and also regarding the numbers of permits allowed. With this visa, one cannot work in China; it is solely for business trips.
Documents needed to be submitted for the M visa the most difficult part in getting the business visa for China.
There are many documents that need to be in place so that the visa can be sanctioned without any hassle. The important documents include:
Visa application form duly filled up without any errors
Passport with minimum 6-months validity and with 2 blank pages. In case you have another passport with you with a valid Chinese visa in it that has to be submitted as well.
Right kind of photo glued to the application form
Invitation letter (this is the trickiest thing of all)
Getting the Chinese invitation letter
You have to have an invitation letter for getting a Chinese business visa. This letter should be on hand well ahead of your business trip so that everything can be arranged in the best manner. High quality faxed or scanned copy of the letter is also accepted. Sometimes, however, the original copy is also asked for.
There are two sources from which the invitation letter can come – either from an organization/company in mainland China or from some Chinese government agency. Information Regarding Business And Tourist Chinese Visa From US Passports who need an invitation letter from a company it should be printed on official letterhead. With the company’s name, address and phone number clearly mentioned. The official seal of the company should also be there.
These 8 elements should definitely be there in the invitation letter
Applicant’s personal information like name, passport number, date of birth, the full name of the company, job title etc.
Main purpose of visit
City which the applicant will visit
Dates of arrival and departure to and from the city
Explanation of collaboration between the US and Chinese company
Explanation of person bearing the expense of applicant’s accommodation in China
Personal information of inviter including full name, detailed company address, job title, phone and fax number etc
The official seal of the organization and the signature of the inviter.
The process of submission for the business visa to China is the same as the tourist visa to the country.